A Brief Summary of Rajadamnern's History
Before 1941 - Internationalization of sports
March 1, 1941 - Construction of the “National Boxing Stadium” was initiated as a boxing sports venue and as a way to promote Muaythai to international standards.
December 23, 1945
- “National Boxing Stadium” was open for the first time after its construction was put on hold during World War II.
- Pramote Phuengsunthon was assigned as the first boxing stadium director of Thailand.
- Initially built as an open-air stadium, a construction of roofs and grandstands were complemented as Thailand’s rainy season had been proven as great hindrance for competitions. The construction was finished in the next year.
- Public company took over in administration, Rajadamnern Boxing Stadium Co., Ltd. was founded to “elevate and support Muaythai”.
- “National Boxing Stadium” was renamed “Rajadamnern Stadium”, the name by which the majority of people called it and celebrated its founding day annually on Dec 23.
- Rajadamnern Stadium has given birth to world-famous Muaythai superstars such as Phon Kingpetch, Khaosai & Khaokor Galaxy, Samart Payakaroon, Somrak Kamsing, Chatchai Chiawnoi, Venice Bor Kor Sor, Payao Poontarat, Rattanapon Sor Worapin,Chana Por Pao-in, and many, many more.
#muaythaiiyarin #sukmuayfemur #muaythai #muaythailegend #muaythailifestyle #muaythaifight #thaifight #fighter #nakmuay #nakmuaythai #muayying #muaythaitraining #muaythaifight #thaifight #muayfemur #thailand #thai #app #muaythaiapp #superapp #thaitravel #farang